Not a recently-published article, but I just came across it and it was the most fun article on Bitcoin I’ve ever read.
Why I’m Putting All My Savings Into Bitcoin
I do not put all *my* eggs in a basket, so on that point I disagree with the author. The primary point of this article, IMO is, when he talks about a transaction in which he says:
- Nobody logged on to a bank of any kind.
- No bank page for complicated foreign transactions was loaded into any browser.
- No expensive foreign transfer fees were applied. In fact, no transfer fees were applied at all.
- No banks were holding on to the money for a couple of days. My friend had the money instantly.
- No bank holidays were relevant. I did this on a Sunday.
- No governmental economic blacklist was consulted. He could be a criminal under New Zealand law for all I care, but what matters to me is that he is my friend.
- Nobody got the chance to seize the money before my friend in New Zealand got it. Or afterwards.
- An alternative to a bank transfer would have been to use Visa or MasterCard. They did not get a cut, either.
- No tax authority saw the transaction or the money.
A wave of agorism is coming to the world. Bitcoin will be one of the vehicles pushing it forward.